So, just what is list building? It’s the process of adding new subscribers to your mailing list. It’s important because the more subscribers you have, the more people you have access to. Moreover, these aren’t just any people. These people are already interested in your business. They’re a prime audience of better than promising leads. Building a strong subscriber base should be high on your priority list, which is why the ten list building secrets we’re about to cover are of great importance to you and your business.
Ninja List Building Made Easy
List building is an ongoing process. Once you start, you’ll never stop. The bigger your list, the better your chances are of generating sales. Getting started is the hard part. Once you have momentum, the process becomes super simple. How do you jump-start your subscriber base? Ninja in by following these ten easy tips:
- Make sign-up simple. Why are share buttons so popular on websites and blogs? People love easy accessibility. They like to see a Twitter button, click it, and instantly share in a matter of seconds. It’s simple, fast, and effective. People love that! Make your e-mail list easy to subscribe to. Provide handy sign-up links on your website, your blog, your e-mail communications, and your social media profiles.
- Leverage niche forums and communities. Most forums and online community boards give you the ability to create a custom signature. Use the space to include a sign-up invitation and link to your list. A well-made signature will grab attention and generate subscribers as you offer intelligent and value based advice and comments within the community.
- Hold a free webinar. Free webinars are a popular and effective means of gaining exposure. Many marketers find that the offer of a free webinar with e-mail sign-up results in fast list building. It also helps establish you as an expert in your niche, which is a great way to increase engagement levels and boost sales.
- Capture leads with video.It sounds a little unconventional, but it’s a viable and super effective means of growing your subscriber base. Offer a free video in exchange for an e-mail address. The trick is to provide a value packed video and give the potential subscriber enough of a preview to grab their interest.
- Build opt–in checkboxes into your web forms. It’s along the same lines as those social media share buttons. A well placed opt-in checkbox on your web forms can be a prime way to snag new subscribers on the fly.
- Put an opt–in option at checkout.If you’re running an e-commerce business, build an opt-in button or checkbox for you list at the checkout. It’s a great place to grab a new sign-up because the customer is already excited with their new purchase, and they’ll jump at the chance to receive additional discounts or valuable information via your subscriber-only zone.
- Don’t sell; connect. It’s tempting and seemingly logical to use your subscriber list to promote products or services. But it’s not necessarily the best course of action. Your goal is to grow your list. Therefore, the primary goal of your list should be to offer valuable, sharable content—not to constantly sell. If you push valuable and sharable content, your subscribers will feel far more comfortable recommending you to others, thereby expanding your subscriber base.
- Offer something of value in exchange for a little list plugging. It sounds fishy, but it’s not! Ben Settle of Copyblogger tried offering a little free press release writing in exchange for a few plugs from a well-known marketer. What happened? He spent a few hours writing press releases and landed dozens of new subscribers.
- Recommend another product or service. It sounds counter-intuitive because we’re talking about growing your list. But think about it. If a business with an awesome website and a killer newsletter recommended your site, product, or service to their subscribers, wouldn’t you want to return the favor? It’s a tactic to use sparingly and carefully, but it can boost your subscriber base super fast.
- Just ask. When you’re at live events, ask people for their e-mail. You’d be surprised how many will happily share their contact information for sign-up purposes. And it makes their day to hand you their e-mail and magically start receiving your newsletter. It skyrockets your subscriber base too.
Do you want to learn more about epic list building secrets and effective tactics for growing your online business? One of the best ways is to jump into marketing training. Learn more about what high quality Internet marketing training can do for you!
Join My FREE Internet Marketing Tutorial Video Series. I’ll Email You 17+ Videos From Some Of The Top Internet Marketers. You’ll Learn Their Secret Strategies You Can Use To Build Your 6-Figure Business TODAY!