You may have heard a lot about side gig apps. It does not matter; it could be food delivery for Uber Eats or ridesharing with Lyft. So, if you want a decent way to earn some extra dollars, then you are in the right place.
Now, you can join the gig economy by offering your muscles and time for service. With a truck, you can connect with businesses in need of professional delivery services and make money while you are at it.
Whether you will be handling hot shot trucking deliveries, last-mile deliveries, LTL freight, or middle mile delivery, everything pays, and it pays well. If you are interested in making a few hundred dollars per delivery or boosting your income, GoShare is the perfect partner for you.
Not only does the platform connect you to loads, but it also helps you include your fleet of vehicles in the business. You can become a business partner and be part of the team that delivers fast and reliable delivery services for big and bulky items.
If this sparks your interest, you might want to learn more about how you can make money with the platform. And if that is the case, we have got it covered. Keep reading to find out what you need to do to start making over $40 per hour.
What is Go Share?
GoShare is a modern delivery business that connects drivers with people who need their services. It comes as a desktop or mobile phone app, allowing drivers to see the available jobs around them and select the ones they like best.
GoShare doubles as a logistics, delivery, and moving company. It connects the customers to drivers who will help them with some sort of delivery. It is an on-demand delivery service that lets drivers earn while making their lives more convenient.
GoShare drivers also double as movers and delivery professionals. From small parcels to huge pallets, you can deliver anything with GoShare. If you own a truck, car, or van, you can apply to join the platform and start earning.
Go Share Services
GoShare offers a wide range of delivery services. Some of them include:
- Courier services– these are same-day delivery services for small packages and parcels
- Last-mile delivery– this works with last-minute deliveries between local businesses and local customers
- Junk hauling– involves towing people’s and business’ trash to the junkyard
- B2B logistics– the delivery involves heavy loads and machinery, among other things that businesses would need.
- Less than Load (LTL) shipments include cargo vans and box trucks delivering large cargo and pallets.
- Home and office move– drivers help people move homes and businesses by loading, transporting, and unloading their properties
GoShare is different from the regular delivery company like Postmates or DoorDash. This is because while you can make food deliveries on your bike, you need a specific vehicle type to drive for GoShare. In addition, you are likely to incur more expenses with GoShare, but the pay is also better.
How does Go Share work?
Once you sign up to work with GoShare, earning money becomes as simple as accepting delivery offers near you. GoShare works straightforwardly.
- You get a delivery alert when a customer near you posts the availability of their load
- You accept the deliveries you want if you are available
- You arrive and pick up the load, drive and deliver it to the address given within a scheduled time
- When you sign off the delivery, you wait for the payment that takes about 4 days via direct deposits
See that is simple enough for anyone to follow. However, before you can start enjoying the high-paying rates of up to $80 per hour, GoShare has some requirements you should meet.
Before you visit the GoShare website and apply to be a driver, you must meet all of their requirements. These include:
- Age- you must be over 18 years old to drive for GoShare
- Vehicle- the car you drive should not be more than 15 years old and should not be a salvage
- You should pass their background check
- Your vehicle should also pass their inspection
- Drivers must speak English
- Have a valid driver’s license and registration
- You must meet the minimum auto insurance coverage requirements in your state
- You also need a checking account for your payments
- Finally, you need to have a smartphone with the latest OS to run the GoShare app
Note: GoShare conducts a background check on its drivers. The inspection can cost $45 or $150 for people who have lived in New York. GoShare also clearly states that the drivers will pay for this non-refundable amount.
The vehicle you use to make deliveries also has a few requirements. Some of these include:
Courier vehicles include all vehicles that do not fit into any other category. These vehicles make small parcels, packages, and document deliveries. Drivers can also be helpers on projects that need many deliveries professionals
- Pickup trucks
A pickup truck should have at least 5 feet of bed length. If your vehicle has modifications that affect the bed length, then it may fail to qualify as a pickup truck
- Cargo vans
These are vans with no passenger seats. They take on big deliveries and are specific to moving orders.
- Box trucks
These vehicles are between 10 and 26 feet. Box trucks with less than 10 feet cargo beds fall in the cargo van category.
There are also age and after-market accessory restrictions. Adding these accessories may not disqualify your vehicle from joining the GoShare fleet, but if they affect your cargo space, then you may fail your vehicle inspection.
Click here to get familiar with the restrictions and requirements you need to become a GoShare driver.
How much can you make with Go Share?
GoShare presents one of the highest-paying hourly rates in the delivery business. However, your earnings depend on the vehicle you drive. According to GoShare, pickup truck drivers will pocket anything between $46 and $52 per hour, while full-sized cargo vans earn $63-$71 per hour.
Drivers with box trucks earn an average of $85 per hour, while the couriers (people driving cars, SUVs, and minivans) earn between $36 and $42 per hour.
GoShare also has the fleet option for people who own multiple vehicles and would like to offer delivery services with a team of workers. Click here to learn more about how the GoShare Fleet works.
Top drivers on the platform can earn as high as $2,100 per week. However, it is imperative to remember that GoShare is a freelance marketplace. Your income will depend heavily on the number of jobs you take.
You also have to compete with other drivers in your area. So, to become competitive, you should offer high-rated customer services. You also earn depending on the hours you put into the job.
Remember: Do not let the high hourly rates make you leave your day job. Although the amount is above the minimum pay, you have to drive around. This means your vehicle wears quicker, and you will need to service it more often. You also need to pay for gas, repairs, and maintenance of your car.
How to improve your Go Share earnings
As we have mentioned before, GoShare is a freelance marketplace. You face fierce competition from drivers in your area, and you have to stand out to earn more money. Of course, you cannot market yourself on the street.
Instead, you can learn a few things from more experienced drivers to help you boost your earnings. As mentioned, you can earn more by:
- Putting in more hours
- Offering better services than your competition
- Taking on more deliveries
With that in mind, you can improve your earnings with GoShare by:
1. Maintain a high rating
Since GoShare is a professional, economic empowerment platform, you can get many tips on maintaining a high rating for your delivery services. Some of the ways to earn yourself a 5-star rating include:
- Being professional when making deliveries. You can do so by being in appropriate clothing when making deliveries, being friendly, and having a positive attitude. You can also call your customers to confirm their details, and be on time
- Be respectful. Ensure you do not find yourself with sexual harassment or discrimination cases. Also, never try billing the customer more than they need to pay
- Be careful with deliveries– clients want to receive their cargo as they ordered it. So, be cautious with their precious goods. You can invest in tools like moving blankets, ratchet straps, and tarps to keep the packages safe and dry until they arrive at their designation.
- Be prepared by having the essential equipment you need to make successful deliveries
2. Be a good vehicle owner
Your vehicle is your means to your livelihood when you drive for GoShare. So, you must maintain your vehicle in tip-top shape. You do not want to have a breakdown in the middle of a delivery.
Make sure you keep up with maintenance schedules, prepare your vehicle for winter, and protect it from the extreme winter and summer temperatures.
3. Promote yourself
Drivers can earn more by promoting their services to their customers. Drivers have discount codes that customers can use to attract prospective customers. For instance, you can receive a $50 bonus when referring family and friends with pickup trucks to GoShare.
When you call first dibs on projects, you can earn 5% of the first order of your friends or family. You also get exclusive notifications when they need GoShare delivery services.
4. Be honest
Time management and honesty are critical pillars in the gig economy. You do not want to receive a bad rating from your customer because you lied about your location.
Part of good customer service involves telling your clients the truth and delivering their packages on time.
With excellent customer service, you can earn tips, which you get to keep from your service.
Pros and Cons of working for GoShare
GoShare promises an excellent side-hustle gig for people looking to boost their income. Some of the benefits of working as a GoShare driver includes:
- Flexible hours- since the drivers are independent contractors, they can choose when to work. You also decide where you will be making deliveries.
- High pay- GoShare is one of the highest-paying side-hustles. Working a few hours, a day, you can earn up to $1,200 a week
- Price estimations- before you take on a project; you can estimate how much you will earn, thanks to the accurate upfront price estimates at GoShare
- Weekly payments-GoShare drivers receive payments weekly via direct deposits. However, the processing may take up to 4 days
- Driver benefits- once you become a GoShare driver, you enjoy discounts on your healthcare (dental, vision, health, and life insurance), new vehicle discounts, tires, and even get cash advances when you are in a fix
- Flexible earnings- at GoShare, you earn depending on the size of your vehicle. You make more if you change from an SUV to a box truck.
Not everyone can work for GoShare. The restrictions make it hard for anyone interested in making deliveries to join the platform. Other demerits of GoShare include:
- Limited availability- the service is only available in 16 states in the US
- The order volume is less- compared to other delivery services like DoorDash, the number of people who need large volume deliveries is less, and hence the jobs are limited
GoShare is definitely different from the regular delivery services you know. Sometimes, you can be a driver, and if the customer needs help moving, you become the help.
If you are interested, you can sign up to be a driver with GoShare today. There are many benefits to working on such gigs. Besides the high pay and attractive driver benefits, you also choose your hours and estimate your earnings.
You can easily earn over $1,000 per week. However, you should remember that GoShare deliveries are not in large volumes. Also, you will face stiff competition from drivers in your area.
But, if that does not phase you, then GoShare is the perfect place for you to earn money when you drive a large vehicle. Else, yiu can check out another good business opportunity as well.