There is no easy way to get the perfect email list for your email marketing needs. It takes time, skill and guidance if you’re new to this sort of thing. However, there are some great tips that will start you off on the right foot in building your email list.
5 Essential List Building Tips
- Social media networking – Social media sites such as Facebook are “overrated” as a key marketing tool; and more often than not, used inefficiently. However, they do provide a platform for people to meet and interact with others who are not known to you at all. This could be used to your advantage—befriending and staying in contact with different people will allow you to expand your list. They themselves may not be able to help you with this, but if you get close enough to them, they will give out or introduce you to someone that can be of help to you.
- Ask your friends – You are bound to know other business owners or close friends who are in contact with business owners. Simply ask them for help in building your list and preferably offer a certain service that you can do for them in return for the favor.
- Involvement in forums – Become a member of forums that people in your sort of business hangout or any type of individual you think could provide you with key referrals for your list. It is important not to straight away put forward your offer in return for referrals and help in building your list; people will get defensive because they do not know you. It is better to answer their questions and help them with their problems and form a relationship with them before asking for their help.
- Small beginnings lead to greatness – Do not neglect the small list-owners. In fact, you should target them more as they are more likely to give their lists than others for a decent offer. Once you have gathered a considerable list, you can continue to the bigger fish as you have more leverage to work with.
- Road gets easier – As you rack up reps and broaden your list, people will be more willing to listen to you and even give out referrals more easily. Persevere to get to the top and once you come the distance, it will be smooth-sailing from then on.
A journey Like No Other
As mentioned at the beginning, building a list for email marketing from scratch is no easy task and requires some dedication and perseverance, but as you progress and build your reputation and more importantly your list and valuable contacts, your journey will become easier.